Rental Housing Advisory Committee
As part of the Tenant Housing Rights Ordinance adopted by the City Council in November 2016 (Chapter 6 Article XI, Section 6-225; Council Order 76-16/17 and 32-18/19), a Rental Housing Advisory Committee was created. The committee is comprised of nine residents of Portland appointed by the City Council.
The Committee will meet at least quarterly and be co-chaired by one landlord representative and one tenant representative.
Time: to be determined
Place: 389 Congress Street, Room (to be determined), Portland, Maine
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
The Committee’s duties are to:
1. Provide the Housing Committee with recommendations or proposals for improvements, modifications, or changes regarding landlord and tenant policy issues; and
2. Identify educational opportunities, seminars, and materials that would be useful to landlords and tenants.
The Committee is comprised of nine members appointed by the City Council. Membership will include:
- Three (3) Landlords
- Three (3) Tenants
- One (1) Member who is not a tenant or a landlord
- One (1) Member experienced in legal rights/interests of tenants – Submitted by Pine Tree Legal Assistance.
- One (1) Member experienced in legal rights/interests of landlords – Submitted by Southern Maine Landlord Association.
- Nora Graves, Non-tenant, non-landlord appointee Expiration 03/30/2020
- Aaron Berger, Tenant Representative Expiration 03/30/2020
- Meredith Cook, Tenant Representative Expiration 03/30/2021
- Thaddeus St. John, Tenant Representative Expiration 03/30/2021
- Crow Norlander, Landlord Representative Expiration 03/30/2020
- Wendy Harmon, Landlord Representative Expiration 03/30/2021
- Travis Heynen, Landlord Representative Expiration 03/30/2021
- Katherine McGovern, Legal Representative for TenantsRecommended by Pine Tree Legal Expiration 03/30/2022
- Regan Sweeney, Legal Representative for Landlords Expiration 03/30/2022