Brighton Avenue Sewer Separation Project
Utility Work in Brighton Avenue Set to begin on Monday, May 17th
PORTLAND, Maine -- Beginning Monday, May 17, 2021, The City’s contractor, DDI Construction, will begin work in Brighton Avenue between Rand Road and Capisic Street as part of the Brighton Avenue Sewer Separation Project. Motorists should expect delays when driving through the work zone and are encouraged to seek alternate routes around the project area. Please watch out for signage and drive slowly through the work zone. Once work moves into Brighton Avenue, it is scheduled to last for the duration of the summer. For more information about the project please visit the project website at https://www.portlandmaine.gov/2465/Brighton-Avenue-Sewer-Separation-Project.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR MOTORISTS: Brighton Avenue will be reduced to one lane in either direction between the hours of 9am and 3:00pm to allow the contractor to complete the work. The contractor will be required to maintain two lanes of traffic in the inbound direction during the morning commute (7am-9am) and two lanes of traffic in the outbound direction during the afternoon/evening commute (3:00pm to 6pm). Access to local businesses and residential streets will be maintained during the project.
SEEK ALTERNATE ROUTE, IF POSSIBLE, TO AVOID DELAYS
Motorists are urged, if possible, to seek alternate routes into and around this area during this time period.
WE 4/16/21 Project Update:
- PWD cut In Valves installed in Rowe Avenue and Dorset Street in preparation for the temporary water system.
- Erosion and sediment control devices installed within the project area.
- Tree clearing at the end of Meriline completed for storm drain outfall work.
- Rip Rap energy dissipation pad installed at the location 42" storm drain outfall
- 20 LF of 42" storm drain outfall pipe installed at the end of Meriline.
- PWD cut in valves to be installed in Warwick Street and Lomond street.
- 42" storm drain work continues in Meriline Avenue working towards Rowe Avenue.
WE 4/2/21 Project Update:
DDI construction began to mobilize and bring materials and equipment to the site.
The first project weekly field meeting was held on site.
Utility test pits were completed on Lomond Street.
Upcoming Project Work WE 4/9/21:
The contractor will begin to install PWD water main cut in valves in Rowe Avenue (4/5/21) and Dorset Street (4/7/21) in preparation of setting up the project's temporary water system. The temporary water system is required to be able to replace the existing water mains in the project area.
The contractor will also begin to install a riprap scour protection pad in preparation for the installation of the 42" storm drain outfall pipe at the end of Meriline Avenue.