Though owned and operated by the City of Portland, this cemetery actually lies within the City of South Portland.
July 2, 1858 - The first land parcel of the present cemetery was purchased.
August 1858 - The first lot was sold.
November 12, 1858 - The present name of Forest City Cemetery was given.
Subsequent land purchases have brought the cemetery to the present expanse of 97 acres.
Burials & Records
There are approximately 30,000 burials in Forest City Cemetery. The burial records for Forest City Cemetery are kept at the Evergreen Cemetery office at 672 Stevens Avenue in Portland.