The following changes are now effective in Portland City Code Chapter 10, FIRE PREVENTION AND PROTECTION :
- Requirements are amended for smoke alarms in existing one- and two-family dwellings;
- Re-inspection fees are increased to make them consistent with re-inspection fees for other departments;
- The open-burning requirements have been changed to make them consistent throughout the City;
- The calculation for false alarms is changed from a calendar year to rolling 12-month basis; and
- Other inspection and enforcement provisions have been clarified.