Glidden Excavating and Paving, Inc. will begin work on Washington Avenue between Ocean Avenue and Presumpscot Street on Monday, July 10. This pavement preservation and bike network project is anticipated to take approximately seven weeks to complete. The City’s contractor is planning to work Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Their tentative work schedule is as follows and is subject to weather delays.
- Sidewalk ramp and curb improvements are scheduled to be completed during the period from July 7 – July 21.
- Pavement surface milling, anticipated to take two to three days, is scheduled during the week of July 24 – July 28.
- Road surface repairs, surface shimming, and manhole and catch basin frame adjustments are anticipated to require one to two weeks. This work is scheduled for the period from July 31 – August 11.
- Final paving is tentatively scheduled for two to three days during the week of August 14 – 18.
- Pavement markings, bike network features, and parking regulation changes are planned during the week of August 21 – 25.
Citizens should plan for delays as travel patterns are adjusted during this project. As always, please share the road and pay special attention to safety around and through the active work zones.