Fore Street - Eastern Promenade Sewer Separation Project
Project Update 10/14/21
Starting on 10/18/21 the Contractor will shut down the 100 Fore Street Facility entrance located on Freedom Way for 3 weeks. Tenants can access the facility by using the parking garage entrance on Fore Street located just before the intersection with Mountfort Street. Tenants can also access the Freedom Way parking garage entrances via Thames Street Extension.
- The contractor has completed phase 1 of the project's watermain renewal work. The watermain has passed pressure and bacteria testing and has been brought online by the contractor.
- The phase 1 watermain work included the installation of 1,200 linear feet of 12" ductile iron watermain
- The contractor will begin storm drain work at Freedom Way on 10/18. Once the storm drain work begins it will last for several months moving up the hill.
Project Update for Week Ending 9/3/21
On August 16, 2021 the project contractor Gorham Sand and Gravel mobilized to the project site and converted Fore Street into a one-way street with traffic flow still allowed to move easterly towards the Eastern Promenade. Utility construction has begun with the installation of 12" ductile Iron watermain for the Portland Water District. As of 9/3/21, the contractor has installed approximately 430 linear feet of watermain between Mountfort Street and Waterville Street.
Project Outlook for Week Ending 9/10/21
The project traffic pattern will remain with one-way traffic flow allowed on the south side of Fore Street towards the Eastern Promenade. Westbound traffic shall continue to use the specified detour route or be asked to find another route around the work zone. The contractor will continue to install 12" watermain up the hill towards Waterville Street. Phase 1 watermain work from Mountfort to Waterville Street is scheduled to conclude on 9/24/21.
Start of Construction Notification:
This project has received funding approval as part of the Water Resources Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). A target date of April 1, 2021 has been established to advertise the project for bidding. If the project is successfully bid and awarded to the low bid contractor then it's anticipated the project will start around June 1, 2021.
- Fore SD 2021-08-09 Neighborhood Meeting Presentation-with updated schedule for the website
- Fore St SD 2021-02-24 Facts Sheet update
- Fore St SD 2020-01-21 Neighborhood Questionaire
- Fore St SD 2020-01-21 Neighborhood Meeting Notice
- Fore Street 2020-01-21 Neighborhood Meeting Map
- Fore Street SD 2020-07-17 100pct Design Plans